Period of project
From September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020 : 12 months
“Elbeuf is a little town near Rouen in Normandie, between Paris and Normandy ‘beach. The MJC (Youth and Cultural Center) work in area where lives around 50 000 habitants.The MJC is a nonprofit organization, we promote a non formal education. Our main goal is the development of active citizenship for young people and adults through the implementation of social and cultural activities ,including entering into the fields of leisure, recreation and sports, education and prevention. The Youth and Cultural Center of the Region of Elbeuf is located in Normandy.We have many projects for a diversified public: children, young people and adults, we have different actions with educational, cultural or social aims. We have several educational activities for migrants ( lessons in French, promoting cultural, social and professional inclusion) . Our goal is to fight against exclusions. We work with the school to help students in their formal educational work and connect teachers and family – parenthood – and we organize cultural actions for families with fewer opportunities.
– SOLIDARITY :
• Assist the team (employees and volunteers) in the French Learning workshops with migrant people.
• Carry out cultural projects for migrant people (good level in French required).
– CITIZENSHIP :
• Assist the team (employees and volunteers) in the realization of reporting, short films, graphic design, WEB
TV, etc. (no technical skills required).
• Participate into citizenship and engagement projects.
– SCIENCE :
• Assist the team (employees and volunteers) in scientist workshops : chemical, biological, robotic, multimedia
and 3D Printing… (no technical skills required).
– YOUTH AND EDUCATION :
• Assist the team (employees and volunteers) in school helping for students between 6 and 17 years old.
• Participate into workshops for families (cooking, body expression, reading and writing, etc.).
– ENVIRONMENT :
• Assist the team (employees and volunteers) in the ” Educational garden ” and create several actions linked
to the nature (no technical skills required).